The Cleveland Browns reportedly offered a first round pick for Philadelphia Eagles and former St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.
The Philadelphia Rams traded away quarterback Nick Foles and gave a fifth round pick and a 2016 second round pick to the St. Louis Rams for quarterback Sam Bradford last week, but it’s reported that the Eagles weren’t the only ones trying to get Bradford.
More from Cleveland Browns
- Browns release 2022 draft pick after allegations he threatened a woman
- Browns wave white flag against the Steelers months ahead of time
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- NFL rumors: DeAndre Hopkins reunion with former quarterback off the table
NFL Media’s Charley Casserly reported on Monday’s edition of NFL AM that the Cleveland Browns offered a first-round draft pick for Sam Bradford. But, what we don’t know is if that was offered to the Rams before Bradford was traded, or to the Eagles after Bradford was dealt.
When Chip Kelly introduced Sam Bradford, he said that he had already been offered a first round pick for him. Many thought Kelly was bluffing, but maybe this report connects the dots.
However, St. Louis Rams head coach Coach Jeff Fisher told PFT Live last week that the Rams were offered a late first-round pick for Bradford and turned that down, preferring Philadelphia’s compensation package.
The Browns own the 12th and 19th overall picks in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft, and seem to be looking to mix up their quarterback situation. The Browns made a deal for Josh McCown this offseason and still have Johnny Manziel, but it looks like they’re not counting on either of these guys.
Could we see the Browns make a move for a quarterback in the first few rounds of the NFL Draft? They’ll likely have to trade up if they want Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota, but lurking behind those two includes UCLA’s Brett Hundley, Baylor’s Bryce Petty and Colorado State’s Garrett Grayson.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle