In a lawsuit between Texas A&M defensive coordinator John Chavis and LSU has birthed a new form of trolling.
John Chavis became Texas A&M defensive coordinator this season after leaving LSU, but it seems that he left LSU a bit too early. LSU struck up a lawsuit against Chavis saying he left LSU for another job before his service at LSU was complete.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond
LSU’s lawyers wrote an argument to say that the case does not belong in a Texas court but a Louisiana court because of the irrelevance of the location of Chavis’ new job at Texas A&M and they trolled their defense. Findings courtesy of The Advocate.
"“The only fact implicating Texas (in the suit) is that Chavis happened to defect to Texas A&M and chose to begin working for A&M before his service to LSU was complete,” the new filing says. “Notwithstanding the Aggies dire need for defensive help, Chavis could have defected to a college or professional team in any state, or even in a foreign country.”"
The lawsuit filed in court is correct in the sense that Texas A&M is definitely in dire need for defensive help after their defense ranked 103rd in the nation last year after giving up over 27 points and 449 yards per game.
The Aggies had a tough year last year losing five of their last seven games before getting a bid to the Music City Bowl where they defeated West Virginia.
Texas A&M also lost to conference foe LSU 23-17.
We’ll have to see if the court trolling continues, if so, it could set a nasty trash-talking precedent.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle