You can laugh at him, but he’s still Lionel Messi.
There’s a few people who can get away with making themselves look like fools, and Lionel Messi is definitely one of those people.
More from Soccer
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Is this Alex Morgan’s last Women’s World Cup with the USWNT?
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- DraftKings + FanDuel World Cup Promos: Bet $10 on USA vs Netherlands, Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED!
- NWSL Challenge Cup news: Courage ruthless against Washington, Racing remain perfect
Yesterday against Valencia, one of the all-time greats made his resume even more impressive when Messi scored his 400th career goal with FC Barcelona. The goal put his team up 2-0 at stoppage time, but even better yet, it gave us a great blooper of him falling right on his face while he was trying to celebrate his career achievement.
He was on his was to going crazy and celebrating – as he should – but he lost his feet and fell right on his face. Oops!
The best thing out of all of this might be how the broadcast originally missed his celebration-to-blooper and didn’t cut in until he was on the ground and his teammates were celebrating with him. We are just incredibly lucky and fortunate that this new footage of what actually happened came out.
This would be really embarrassing for nearly anyone (just imagine all the people watching you), but Messi isn’t a normal person – he’s bigger than this and was probably able to quickly shake it off and laugh at his little mistake.
In 32 games in the 2014-15 Spanish Primera Divison, Messi already has 35 goals and 16 assists. I’m sure the remainder of the season will be filled with him doing things he can laugh at rather than things that will get people laughing at him.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle