Adrian Peterson is having a hard time accepting the fact he might have to play with the Minnesota Vikings in 2015, so his agent is playing hard ball — or is he?
When you represent the most powerful running back in football, you have to back him up by being pretty powerful yourself. That’s the case for Adrian Peterson’s agent, Ben Dogra, who has been and will seemingly continue to play hard ball to get his client out of Minnesota.
It all started when the Vikings abandoned Adrian Peterson during his legal battle throughout the season that saw him placed on the commissioner’s exempt list before being suspended for the remainder of the season and into the offseason.
What Peterson’s gripe with the Vikings was that they didn’t stand by him during his fight and tried to cozy up to him afterwords like nothing happened. Since being reinstated, and well before then, Peterson has expressed little desire to remain in Minnesota unless they pay him a lot of money — money they don’t want to give him since he’s still under contract for another year.
What Dogra has since done is play ball so hard against the Vikings that a trade or release seems almost imminent at this point, but not certain. Still, as long as Peterson is in Minnesota, Dorga is going to give the team a hard time — his latest scheme being a cryptic photo where he’s wearing a Tampa Bay Buccaneers hat while exclaiming ‘game on’.
Are we reading too much into this?
Perhaps, but it’s a pretty self-explanatory photo and Dorga isn’t a dumb man. He knows that he has the reputation at the moment of being a guy who wants to get Peterson out of Minnesota by any means necessary and this cryptic message seems to be one of those means.
More from Minnesota Vikings
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook gives another status update on RB’s free agency
- Vikings: Jordan Addison issues apology after reckless driving charge
- 3 biggest mistakes from the NFL offseason
- Patrick Mahomes is picking a fight with the Kirk Cousins haters
- 3 best QB-receiver combinations in the NFL for the 2023 season
Then again, he may just be a fan of the Buccaneers and is simply showing that off in combination with a love for his client.
But logic seems to suggest that there’s more to this message than what is on the surface. Tampa Bay has long been one of the team mentioned with Peterson, and they have high draft picks to offer in a trade. Peterson isn’t worth the No. 1 overall pick, but the Bucs could flip their high second-round pick as well as assets like Doug Martin in a deal for Peterson.
This could all be much ado about nothing, but you don’t represent Adrian Peterson, wear a Buccaneers hat and send out a message that says ‘game on’ and not expect people to go nuts about it.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle