If you don’t mind a little rain, you may be able to snag some cheap Duke football tickets
Fans hoping to catch the Duke Blue Devils this weekend may find tickets to be a bit cheaper than usual. The catch: it could be a wet, wet Saturday.
As reported by ESPN, the Duke athletic department is planning to discount tickets for Saturday’s game against Boston College, setting the prices in relation to the chance of rainfall. A deluge is a highly likely; Hurricane Joaquin is just off the East Coast and could make landfall on Saturday.
Sure, enduring hurricane weather just to watch a football game — and an ACC football game at that — sounds ludicrous, but a) football fans are all a little bit nutty and b) you can’t beat these potential deals. Seriously, we’re talking cheap tickets:
The biggest discount will come if, at the time of reading, there’s a 90 percent chance of rain or greater. In that case, general admission tickets will be discounted 50 percent off the regular $25, dropping the price to $12.50 a ticket. The smallest discount — 10 percent — comes if there’s less than a 30 percent chance of rain for the game.
So if you’re a Duke fan looking to snag some very affordable tickets this weekend, keep an eye on the weather report. And consider bringing a poncho or two, or maybe even an ark.
More from NCAA Football
- BYU football 2022 season prediction, preview, awards, 2022 bowl game
- Message board fan thinks Georgia could still flip Arch Manning from Texas
- Houston football 2022 season prediction, preview, awards, 2022 bowl game
- LSU football 2022 season prediction, preview, awards, 2022 bowl game
- Ole Miss football 2022 season prediction, preview, awards, 2022 bowl game