Ah, the New Year. A time to reflect on the previous year and resolve to change for the better.
Here at Fastbreak Breakfast, we don’t really possess the self-awareness to identify our own problems and improve them, but we certainly have opinions about what NBA teams should be doing. For this all new episode, Jon (@masterjonburr) creates his own New Year’s Resolutions for each Eastern Conference team and then we try to decide whether we believe they can follow through.
Among the resolutions considered:
- Do the Magic need to make a New Year’s Resolution to finally trade away Nikola Vucevic and/or Elfrid Payton? And what could they hope for as a return if they did?
- Should the Bucks pledge to get rid of Jason Kidd? Or is the #FireKidd movement in Milwaukee barking up the wrong tree?
- Things have gone well for the Celtics so far this season. But do they need to resolve to turn over even more of the offense to Jayson Tatum or would that backfire?
- Is there any reason the Hawks shouldn’t make it their New Year’s mission to be No. 1 in the race for the worst record and the best lottery odds?
- Does Myles Turner need a resolution to stop shooting turnaround jumpers for the Pacers? Or to stop taking so many long 2s? Or to develop a post move?
Original music provided by Codaphonic
Should your New Year’s Resolution be to financially support content creators you enjoy? You can support Fastbreak Breakfast and gain access to exclusive content and bonus features at Patreon.com/FastbreakBreakfast.
Are you looking to transform your shaving experience? Try a Harry’s Shave Kit for free by going to Harrys.com/fastbreak and help support your favorite podcast.