Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center tweeted out photos of newborn babies wearing Buckeyes championship blankets.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond
The Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center did something pretty cool Tuesday. In honor of the Buckeyes’ 42-20 victory over the Oregon Ducks in the inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship Game, the hospital sent out tweets of newborn babies adorned with blankets celebrating the team’s win on the biggest stage in NCAA football.
Football is king at Ohio State. Even at a school that boasts one of the nation’s top medical programs and university hospitals, the Buckeyes seem to make the most headlines for their performances on the gridiron. Well, if you were part of the school’s medical department, it would probably seem tempting to capitalize on all the positive press the newly crowned national champions are getting. That is where these blankets come into play. What better way to bring attention to your section of campus than to tweet out adorable photos such as this one.
While quite cute, it is not the first time the medical center has pulled this stunt. Check out the awesome blankets they created just in time for the school’s annual rivalry game with nemesis Michigan in late November.
The school kept this trend going for the Sugar Bowl against then No. 1 ranked Alabama, and even featured another set of blankets right before the team’s appearance in the national title game against Oregon. Newborn Violet Catherine even got to “see” the game’s conclusion, and by extension, her hometown Buckeyes’ coronation as champions of college football. For all of those brand new parents, Monday must have been quite a wonderful day.
Is it possible that we see the trend continue next year? Perhaps if Ohio State can repeat as champions, it might just happen. If the probable preseason No. 1 team fails to accomplish such a feat, who is to say that another school’s university medical center would not follow suit. After all, this is too great of an idea not to continue, regardless of who wins. Can anyone else imagine blankets with the iconic “Roll Tide” slogan on them? How about Michigan’s “Go Blue?” We can only hope this becomes yearly thing, because it is adorable, regardless of who hoists that trophy next January.
(H/T Eleven Warriors)
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle