Bottle openers are finding their way into just about every piece of clothing nowadays. There are beach sandals with bottle openers build into the sole, belt buckle bottle openers, even specialized gloves with openers built into the palm. The Washington Nationals are having a giveaway of their own to keep the bottle opening trend going.
More from MLB
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- MLB Rumors: Yankees mistake, Cardinals trade package, Cubs choice
- Inside the Clubhouse: What I’m hearing ahead of the MLB Trade Deadline
- After frantic trade day, Kiké Hernandez grateful for second chance with Dodgers
- Braves Rumors: 3 trade targets Vaughn Grissom can help Atlanta acquire
The following image was tweeted out by Paul Lukas, who keeps track of interesting uniform nuances, showcasing a dark navy cap with the curly ‘W’ for the Nationals. The bottle opener is located on the front left of the brim.
Upon an initial look, the cap doesn’t appear to be terribly convenient as far as opening bottles go. I, personally, would find it a hassle to have to remove my cap every time I needed to pop a cold one, but I don’t know if there is enough support for the brim to allow one to pop the cap off without removing the headgear.
The whole idea would be moot at a ballpark, however, as vendors usually open the beer and pour it for you anyways. At any rate, the idea is kind of nifty and is sure to be a big hit as a giveaway. Will it be the next phenomenon across Major League ballparks? That’s unlikely – it seems that the bobblehead will be holding that title for years to come.