The Pittsburgh Penguins’ superstar and his teammates surprised a bunch of kids at practice
The Pittsburgh Penguins are in the middle of a crowded Eastern Conference playoff race. However, on Wednesday, that didn’t stop them from surprising some young hockey players on the ice.
More from NHL
- NHL Rumors: Legendary Patrice Bergeron retires, which 3 players could be next to hang up their skates?
- NHL Rumors: Latest on Hart, Hellebuyck, Gibson trade possibilities
- NHL Rumors: 5 forwards most likely to sign early extensions this summer
- NHL Rumors: Where things stand with Erik Karlsson, Penguins and Hurricanes
- NHL Rumors: Penguins nearly traded for Erik Karlsson at deadline
The ‘Little Penguins’ program is a weekly program that allows young kids who are interested in hockey. Free equipment is provided for the kids to learn with.
Usually the class has an instructor to teach the youth on the ice, but Wednesday they had a special instructor.
Sidney Crosby and teammates, Marc-Andre Fleury, Nick Spaling, Robert Bortuzzo and Zach Sill took to the ice to surprise the kids participating and help teach them a little bit about the sports.
The team’s snapchat account recorded photo’s of the kids playing with their heroes on the ice.
For the young kids, it was a moment they will never forget and could inspire them to continue to learn the game of hockey.
Getting lessons from an instructor and being able to get on the ice is one thing, being taught by one of the greats and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins is another.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle