CONCACAF, soccer’s governing body for North and Central America, and the Caribbean, has announced that Philadelphia will host this year’s 2015 Gold Cup final at Lincoln Financial Field.
The USMNT will defend their title in the 12-nation Gold Cup tournament on July 7. The US lifted the 2013 Gold Cup thanks to a 1-0 win over Panama in Chicago’s Soldier Field, ending the tournament with an impressive 100% win record.
More from Gold Cup
- USMNT penalty luck at Gold Cup runs out vs. Panama: Best memes and tweets
- USMNT rumors: Vazquez to Monchengladbach, Balogun to Milan, Dest to stay
- USMNT news: Dest to Fulham, Aaronson joins Union, Gold Cup roundup
- USMNT news: Balogun to Marseille, Musah to Milan, Gold Cup rout
- USMNT Gold Cup Bonus: Get $1,000 to Bet USA vs Jamaica with FanDuel Soccer Promo
However, Klinsmann’s side have failed to replicate their World Cup form, winning just two of the seven international games which they’ve played since the tournament. Stiff competition lies ahead in March for the USMNT where they will travel to both Denmark and Switzerland respectively, in preparation for the CONCACAF competition this summer.
The United States are in Group A of the 2015 tournament, and will play in Frisco, Texas, Foxborough, Mass. and Kansas City. The homes of Major League Soccer clubs FC Dallas, New England Revolution and Sporting KC.
The tournament also includes Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. The final spot will be determined by a playoff between French Guyana and Honduras on March 25 and 29.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle