With the 30th overall pick, the Pack can stitch up some tears in the roster this NFL draft.
It may feel like déjà vu for the Green Bay Packers. As the result of the unspeakable NFC Championship game last year, the Packers will have the 30th overall draft pick. The last time they had the 3oth pick was in 2008, following an overtime loss to the New York Giants the previous season.
More from Green Bay Packers
- Packers: 3 free agency mistakes Brian Gutekunst should already regret
- Packers president has unrealistic timeline to evaluate Jordan Love as franchise QB
- Packers rumors: Could Green Bay still address the worrisome safety room?
- 3 Packers who won’t be on the roster at the end of training camp
- Packers player is excited Green Bay is slept on heading into 2023
For this draft, Mike McCarthy’s squad will likely be zeroing in on a nose tackle and an inside linebacker to smoothen their stuttering rush defense, as well as a tight end to help out Aaron Rodgers.
In the meantime, they’ll have some big decisions to make on the roster in terms of free agency — the list includes Randall Cobb, Letroy Guion, B.J. Raji, Bryan Bulaga, Tramon Williams, Davon House, John Kuhn and more.
With their adamant draft-and-develop philosophy, the Green Bay Packers are a mounting threat in the league, and after coming so close to stamping their ticket to last season’s Super Bowl, they will undoubtedly return to the gridiron with a chip on their shoulder.
Check out the Packers’ 2015 mock draft.
Next: Finding a linebacker