Tight end Julius Thomas isn’t expected to re-sign with the Denver Broncos. He’s going to become a free agent and look at his other options.
More from Denver Broncos
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Future fires unmistakable NSFW shot at Russell Wilson in new song
- Russell Wilson gets key update on important weapon
- NFL Rumors: D-Hop’s top offers, Cowboys secret sauce, and Russ catches a break
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
The NFL offseason is very entertaining to watch since there are a number of notable players that test free agency to ultimately leave their former team.
It looks like the Denver Broncos and their tight end Julius Thomas are about to go their separate ways. According to Ian Rapoport from NFL Network, the tight end has no plans at this moment to talk with the Denver Broncos about re-signing before free agency opens in a few weeks.
Even though the Broncos have other players on their roster to take care of including their wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, a lot of people wouldn’t think that Thomas would leave the Broncos organization high and dry. On the football field Thomas would be playing with one of the greatest, if not the greatest quarterback, of all-time, Peyton Manning.
If he’s looking for another quarterback that can deliver in a larger way than Manning has during his time in Denver, Thomas will be hard pressed. There isn’t really anyone who can even tie up Manning’s shoe strings, let alone stand on any plateau with him.
It’s very shocking even more so because Thomas is one of the Manning’s favorite targets. In games Thomas would be the person who’s running the 15 yard in, and will be barely open but Manning would squeeze it in and get him the football because he knows how talented he truly is.
Thomas feels though as if he’s ready to become another quarterback’s favorite target, and he’s going to hit the market to see what team really wants the use of his services.
Two of the organizations that are interested in signing Thomas are the Oakland Raiders, and Jacksonville Jaguars. Both of these teams could use a dynamic tight end, and more importantly, a talented player.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle