Chicago Blackhawks center Brad Richards broke a scoreless tie as he scored on his former team to give the Blackhawks the lead against the New York Rangers Wednesday night.
The Blackhawks and Rangers squared off in a battle of two of the NHL’s top team’s Wednesday night. The game went exactly as one would expect. It was a low-scoring affair that saw the Chicago Blackhawks come out on top thanks to a former Ranger.
More from Chicago Blackhawks
- NHL Rumors: Legendary Patrice Bergeron retires, which 3 players could be next to hang up their skates?
- NHL Rumors: Quick to Rangers, Lucic’s Boston reunion, Wheeler, Duchene bought out
- NHL Draft winners and losers 2023: Blackhawks hit jackpot, Maple Leafs flop
- NHL Mock Draft: Connor Bedard No. 1, but who’s next?
- NHL rumors: Calgary in Flames, Kings, Flyers set for big deals, Hall to Chicago
The Blackhawks would defeat the Rangers 1-0.
With a scoreless tie late into the game, former New York Rangers center and current Blackhawks center Brad Richards, broke the tie as he scored the winning goal and only goal of the game.
Richards would put the puck right past Rangers goalie Cam Talbot, who couldn’t react quickly enough to stop the shot.
The fans in the United Center went nuts as Richards nailed the winner.
The Blackhawks are chasing the Predators for top spot in the Western Conference. The Blackhawks picked up a much needed two points against a Rangers team that is also in contention for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
On Wednesday night the Rangers felt the sting of having a former player score a victory against them.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle