The 2015 NCAA Wrestling Championships came to an end for Dylan Ness, after he was forced to withdraw in the semifinals due to a shoulder injury.
With two previous national championship appearances, No. 3 seed Dylan Ness of Minnesota was expected to be a real threat at the 2015 NCAA Wrestling Championships in the 157 pound division.
Unfortunately, his title hopes were derailed.
In the semifinals of the tournament, Dylan Ness was facing off against No. 2 Brian Realbuto of Cornell. Ness was dealing with an injured left shoulder throughout the match, but tried to power through.
However, the pain became too much after an awkward scramble and Ness seemed to potentially dislocate his shoulder.
After receiving some medical attention, Dylan Ness was forced to withdraw from the tournament because of the injury. Ness was in obvious pain as his tournament came to an end.
Because of the injury, Brian Realbuto advanced by default.
In the second semifinal, No. 1 Isaiah Martinez of Illinois was able to keep his undefeated record intact by upending James Green of Nebraska. It will be the first final of Martinez’s career.
In other notable news at the 2015 NCAA Wrestling Championships, unranked Zeke Moisey continued his improbable journey through the tournament en route to an appearance in the finals at 125 pounds.
More from FanSided
- Watch Dodger Stadium erupt after Julio Urias proves pitchers can rake (Video)
- Cardinals fans react to Paul Goldschmidt’s walk-off home run
- PFL 5: Rory MacDonald vs. Gleison Tibau preview and prediction
- UFC Vegas 29: Josh Parisian is the fighter to watch
- Carlos Correa and Jose Altuve deliver a win with Astros up against the ropes (Video)