The Greek Freak Giannis Antetokounmpo was at it again, going coast-to-coast for the slam dunk against the Knicks at MSG.
Two days after registering a DNP-CD (did not play–coach’s decision), Giannis Antetokounmpo, aka “The Greek Freak”, was back doing his normal thing Friday night at Madison Square Garden agains the sad New York Knicks.
Early in the game–the first quarter in fact–Milwaukee’s most athletic player does what he often does, going coast-to-coast for a slam dunk.
Milwaukee Bucks fans are just starting to get used to his sort of thing after two whole years in the league. The rest of us are catching up and catching on.
The 15th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft has been a little bit like Community or Parks & Recreation were for NBC–a fabulous show who struggles to bring in ratings. Anyone who watches The Greek Freak play knows he’s already one of the five most exciting players in the NBA, but likely will not be considered one of the league’s best players for quite some time, if ever.
More from Milwaukee Bucks
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 5 players Sixers could acquire in Harden deal to stay competitive
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for James Harden to win championship
- NBA Free Agency: Bucks keep Khris Middleton around for long-term gains
But like those shows, there is a group of fans on the internet which come together to celebrate The Greek Freak’s greatness. Still, the 6’11” forward only scored 6.8 points per game in 2013-14, despite the underground hype (though he averaged 10.0 per 36 minutes played).
This season he has improved to 12.7 points per game, and 14.6 per 36 minutes, thanks in large part to plays like this where he takes a rebound and does the rest.
Oh, and poor Knicks. There season can’t end soon enough. And they have to deal with The Greek Freak.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle