A pancake likeness of Yogi Berra
Today was a sad day in the baseball world as Yogi Berra passed away at the age of 90. Berra was an All-Star in 18 of the 19 years that he played. He won 10 World Series championships and went to 21 World Series as a player, manager or coach, probably something that will never be surpassed.
Yogi was famous for his sayings that became Yogisms. For example, “If you see a fork in the road, take it.” or “You can observe a lot by watching.”
He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1972, and was a three time MVP.
He was also one of the first athletes to endorse products, something that is very common now. You can’t even watch any channel now with a commercial for an athlete advertising some sort of product.
His museum in New Jersey, not only shows his life, but also gives you a glimpse into baseball history.
Yogi was someone who reached all ages, especially with his commercials that he did for Aflac. Everyone today gave tribute to Yogi from Derek Jeter on the Players Tribune website, to Bryce Harper, to President Obama.
This tribute, done by Brady Phelps, may be one of the coolest that you will see today. It is a pancake that looks like Yogi. Check it out here.
The Yankees will wear the number 8 on their sleeve for the rest of the season. We here at Fansided send our condolences to the Berra family.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle