Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva weigh-in results.
On Saturday, Oct. 29, 2022, at the Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona, Jake Paul will face off against Anderson Silva. Coming off a knockout win over former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, Paul (5-0) is no stranger to facing retired MMA veterans. In April 2021, Paul defeated former Bellator and ONE champion Ben Askren with a controversial TKO stoppage.
However, as opposed to facing former mixed martial artists with a predominant wrestling base like Askren and Woodley, Paul is now facing arguably the greatest MMA striker ever.
At 47 years old, Silva (3-1) has taken to profitable boxing matches, most recently defeating former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz in Sep. 2021. Silva knocked out Ortiz in the first minute of the match.
Regardless of his age, Silva has shown he still wields the tools to defeat his opponents in the ring. In June 2021, Silva bested former WBC middleweight champion Julio César Chávez Jr. via a split decision.
As reported by Aaron Bronsteter of TSN Sports, Jake Paul vs. Silva is currently the second highest-grossing combat sports event in the history of Desert Diamond Arena, trailing only UFC 263 (17,208 attendance, $4.2 mil.), and ranking ahead of UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Gaethje (11,382 attendance, $1.08 mil.)
Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva weigh-in results
Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva main card (SHOWTIME PPV, 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT)
- Jake Paul (186.5) vs. Anderson Silva (186.1)
- Ashton Sylve (132.4) vs. Braulio Rodriguez (132.5)
- Alexandro Santiago (117.9) vs. Antonio Nieves (117.8)
- Uriah Hall (198.6) vs. Le’Veon Bell (197.6)
- Chris Avila (183.3) vs. Michael Varshavski (182.6)
Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva preliminary card (SHOWTIME, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT)
- Jeremiah Milton (248.2) vs. Quintin Sumpter (219.6)
- Ogleidis Suarez (168.9) vs. Shadasia Green (169.2)
- Danny Barrios Flores (122.5) vs. Edgar Ortiz Jr. (120.2)
- Adrian Rodriguez (123) vs. Dominique Griffin (122.3)
- Eliezer Silva (155.7) vs. Anthony Hannah (162.7)