Earlier this week, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning said that he knows Indianapolis Colts defensive lineman Robert Mathis hits harder than Eli Manning. He got another reminder in the second quarter of their Sunday night match up. Pinned up against their own end zone, Peyton Manning dropped back to pass.
Mathis came up behind Manning and sacked him as his arm was back with the football, preparing to throw the football. He ended up knocking the football loose while sacking Manning.
The Colts recovered the football but it was ruled out-of-bounds giving them the safety instead of the touchdown. Still, playing Peyton you’ll take all the points you can get. Not only did the Colts get the points, they got the ball too and are playing for a chance to lead.
- Punter lays out Trindon Holliday (GIF)
- Colts special teams makes great play
- Troy Polamalu hurdles line, gets called offsides (GIF)
- Steve Smith celebrates touchdown with Ray Lewis dance (GIF)
- Justin Blackmon tackles security guard (GIF)
- New York Jets’ Geno Smith tries to spike ball, fails miserably (GIF)
- Rams’ Chris Long is ejected, gets mocked on way off field (GIF)
- Devin Hester takes punt 81-yards for TD (GIF)
- Jay Cutler suffers lower body injury (GIF)
- New England Patriots’ Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)