French attacker Franck Ribery has lost the race to be fit for the Bundesliga clash with Dortmund
Even though there is a ten point cushion for Bayern in the German Bundesliga, I’m sure they would still like to have one of their best players available for their away game with the yellow rivals. Sadly for them and their fans, Ribery wasn’t able to overcome an injury he picked up in mid march and will definitely miss out on Saturday’s game.
More from Soccer
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Is this Alex Morgan’s last Women’s World Cup with the USWNT?
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- DraftKings + FanDuel World Cup Promos: Bet $10 on USA vs Netherlands, Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED!
- NWSL Challenge Cup news: Courage ruthless against Washington, Racing remain perfect
The German side have a whole host of important games coming up so they will be desperate to get Ribery back to full fitness. After the rival game with Dortmund on Saturday, they have Bayer Leverkusen in the German Cup final before playing Porto in the quarter finals of the Champions League.
The German giants are all but certain to win the league, but they will no doubt be looking to bounce back from a shockingly disappointing defeat at home against Borussia VFL Monchengladbach last time out. They will be hoping to build up a head of steam going in to a vital series of games.
World Cup winner and current Bayern captain Philip Lahm was asked about Ribery’s injury and had this to say on the official cub website.
"“That’s not nice. He’s very important for us, but moaning does not help, we have to look ahead. We have got a big squad and have to compensate those losses.” – Philip Lahm"
This game on Saturday could prove crucial for Bayern in terms of confidence, nobody likes to lost two games row. Especially when you have a tough run of games to follow. Regardless of the injury to star man Ribery, Bayern go in to the game as favorites and will be hoping to get back to winning ways.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle