While the football world is impressed by Kevin de Bruyne, Bayern’s Franck Ribery would prefer another Belgian instead.
More from Soccer
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Is this Alex Morgan’s last Women’s World Cup with the USWNT?
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- DraftKings + FanDuel World Cup Promos: Bet $10 on USA vs Netherlands, Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED!
- NWSL Challenge Cup news: Courage ruthless against Washington, Racing remain perfect
Kevin de Bruyne has simply been on fire for Wolfsburg this season with 9 goals and an impressive 16 assists in 26 Bundesliga games this season.
De Bruyne has also registered five goals and five assists in just ten games in the Europa League this season, having already caught the eye of clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal and even Chelsea who sold him in 2013.
In recent weeks, Bayern Munich have been linked with the Wolfsburg star in what would be another case of poaching the league’s best talents from the Bavarians.
Franck Ribery however, believes he may not suit Pep Guardiola’s side:
"“He’s a super player, but when I see him I note that he’s different to Arjen and me. He’s not a player who takes the ball and starts dribbling, and likes to have the opponent in front of him. De Bruyne‘s super when he has the space on the counter attack, but at Bayern you usually only have three, four metres—no huge spaces. But he is a good player, and he is still young. He can still learn.”"
The Frenchman then went on to praise Chelsea’s Eden Hazard and believes he would be a better fit at the Allianz Arena than De Bruyne:
“He attacks all of the time. He loves to run at his opponent,” Ribery said. “But he plays at Chelsea. This could be very expensive for Bayern.”
Both Ribery and Robben have quite a bit of football left in their engines but any one of the Belgians as a possible replacement would represent good business for the German side.
H/T: Bleacher Report
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle