Weather around the NFL today is a mess. We’ve got tornado warnings in Chicago. We’ve recorded gusts of over 50mph in other areas of the country and while the wind hasn’t been blowing that hard in Buffalo, New York this morning, you couldn’t convince Nick Folk of that.
The New York Jets kicker, who had been absolutely perfect on the year missed his first field goal of the season – though – it wasn’t Folk’s fault, rather that of Mother Nature.
As Folk lined up to do his duty, everything looked like it was going to form until a gust of wind swooped onto the field, carrying the pigskin with it.
Folk’s kick seemingly carried just fine for about the first second or two but then shot wayward to the right at an extreme angle, almost as if it was swatted away by some mysterious invinsible monster. Seriously, the thing blasted off like it was shot out of a cannon.
Fun day for quarterbacks and kickers, it looks to be.
- Raiders Matt McGloin throws first career TD (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy steals flag from Redskins fan (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy wears Raiders jacket to game (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Carson Palmer throws touchdown to Larry Fitzgerald (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)