With the 2013 NFL Draft just over one week ago, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has released his updated mock draft. For the first time, Kiper has introduced a number of trades in the first-round, including one that has the Kansas City Chiefs trading down from the top spot with the Detroit Lions.
It is an interesting take on the first-round, and certainly one that isn’t out of the question.
Earlier today, a report surfaced that the top three offensive tackles in the 2013 draft class could all be off the board by pick No. 7. In Kiper’s mock, that is the case.
If the draft played out the way Kiper has mocked, you can expect Chiefs fans to be thrilled by picking up additional picks and still drafting one of the top offensive tackles available.
Here is the current top ten selections in Mel Kiper Jr’s updated mock draft:
- Detroit Lions (from Kansas City Chiefs) – Dee Milliner, Cornerback, Alabama
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Luke Joeckel, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
- Oakland Raiders – Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Tackle, Florida
- Philadelphia Eagles – Dion Jordan, Defensive End, Oregon
- Kansas City Chiefs (from Detroit Lions) – Eric Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan
- San Diego Chargers (from Cleveland Browns) – Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma
- Arizona Cardinals – Barkevious Mingo, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, LSU
- Buffalo Bills – Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, BYU
- New York Jets – Jarvis Jones, Linebacker, Georgia
- Tennessee Titans – Jonathan Cooper, Guard, North Carolina
What do you think of the ESPN draft guru’s latest projections? Sound off in the comments section and share your thoughts.