The LSU Tigers had an unbelievable amount of underclassmen talent bolt for the 2013 NFL Draft and it looks like the players decisions to leave early have paid off. LSU had two players selected in the first-round , one player in the second-round and three players drafted in the third-round. The most interesting part of the six LSU draftees? All of the players were from the defensive side of the ball.
With the six defenders going in the first three rounds of the draft, LSU set a record.
Who were the six players selected from the Tigers defensive unit? Here is the list:
- Barkevious Mingo — Cleveland Browns — First-Round
- Eric Reid — San Francisco 49ers — First-Round
- Kevin Minter — Arizona Cardinals — Second-Round
- Tyrann Mathieu — Arizona Cardinals — Third-Round
- Bennie Logan — Philadelphia Eagles — Third-Round
- Sam Montgomery — Houston Texans — Third-Round
If that wasn’t enough talent to send to the NFL, LSU has two additional defensive players that are draftable talents — CB Tharold Simon and DE LaVar Edwards — along with a number of offensive players including offensive tackle Chris Faulk and running backs Spencer Ware and Michael Ford who have yet to be selected.
It sure looks like attending LSU worked out for these young men.