Free agent running back Chris Johnson spent the day visiting with the New York Jets at team facilities in East Rutherford, and the meeting has finally come to a close. According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, it was a “productive day” between Johnson and the Jets and he left the facility with “good vibes all around.”
More from New York Jets
- Packers: Aaron Rodgers reached out to Jordan Love this offseason
- Jets training camp fights taking center stage for start of Rodgers era
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers gives massive update on future with Jets
- Aaron Rodgers found a new friend to replace hole in his heart for Davante Adams
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers’ 2024 retirement fate already has credible hint
There is no word on whether or not the Jets will be signing Johnson, but they have been the only team to show interest since his release by the Tennessee Titans.
In New York, Johnson would team up with Chris Ivory, who is more of a physical rusher, to give the Jets a formidable one-two punch.
If Johnson leaves the Jets without a deal in place, it could be until after the draft until he finds a new home.
Before today’s visit, there was radio silence on the Johnson front. Part of that is due to the running back overvaluing himself, while the other factor could be that teams fear he has declined too much since being a 2,000 yard rusher to make an impact.