The NBA Draft is just around the corner and we will inevitably see a slew of draft night trades that involve both players that have been selected and players who were already on rosters.
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- NBA insider: Cavaliers should consider trading Donovan Mitchell
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
One player who could be the subject of increasing trade rumors isn’t Kevin Love, but rather a guy who plays a few hundred miles east of him in Cleveland. Dion Waiters was a guy who many believe the Cavaliers reached to draft and they’re not apparently trying to trade him.
Cleveland isn’t actively or publicly putting Waiters out in the open, but it’s been known since the February deadline that he could be moved and now seems to be as good a time as any.
Waiters being moved would mean the Cavaliers would not only secure an additional first round pick but also possibly a veteran who could help make the team more attractive to free agents.
Free agency will open just days after the draft, and if the Cavs can grab Andrew Wiggins, another rookie and a veteran to couple with Kyrie Irving, then they may be in business a lot sooner than we think.