With LeBron James and Chris Bosh off the market, Pau Gasol and Carmelo Anthony are among the top names remaining on the open market. Many believed that Gasol could be headed to the Chicago Bulls, but now there is a new potential landing spot.
More from NBA Free Agency
- NBA Rumors: Lakers nearing another savvy minimum signing
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- 5 former Heat players to sign on veteran minimum deals, ranked
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- 3 potential James Harden suitors not named the Clippers
According to Ramona Shelbourne of ESPN, the San Antonio Spurs could become the favorites to land Gasol.
If the Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers are not able to complete a sign-and-trade, then the Spurs will become the front-runners to land Gasol.
That is certainly an interesting twist to the story and something that would only improve the roster of the defending NBA champions.
Tim Duncan and Pau Gasol in the front court? Not too shabby, San Antonio.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the remainder of the NBA Free Agency period for the latest news, rumors and signings from around the league.