On Saturday night, the brightest Mexican star in boxing, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, was taking on Erislandy Lara in the main event of a Showtime pay-per-view from Golden Boy Promotions at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
More from Boxing
- Limited-Time FanDuel Boxing Promo: $200 Bonus for ANY Bet on Baumgardner vs Linardatou
- Rays vs. Diamondbacks prediction and odds for Thursday, June 29 (Take the OVER)
- DraftKings Boxing Promo GUARANTEES $200 on Lopez vs Taylor (Plus, Win an Extra $200+ in Five States!)
- Industry’s BIGGEST Boxing Promo Unlocks $2,500 Bonus Betting on Lopez vs Taylor at FanDuel
- Turn $5 Into $200 Betting on Claressa Shields With DraftKings Boxing Promo (-8000 Odds Usually Pays out 6 Cents!)
Showing just how big of a star Canelo is, he received a visit from Mexico national team goalie Guillermo “Memo” Ochoa.
During a bout between Abner Mares and Jonathan Oquendo in the co-main event, Memo made his way to ringside and received a standing ovation from all of the Mexican fans in attendance.
For those who don’t remember, Ochoa was one of the standout performers at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
On social media, Ochoa showed off his excitement for the Canelo – Lara fight by sharing a photo of himself posing with Canelo backstage prior to the bout.
And here is Memo ringside:
Even Chicharito and Miguel Layun were in attendance.
We will have to wait and see if Ochoa brought some of that magic from Brazil to share with Canelo on Saturday night.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the night for the full results and blow-by-blow coverage of tonight’s Canelo vs. Lara event.