The Pittsburgh Pirates have been looking more and more at possible trades before the deadline passes this week and the list of names continues to grow on a seemingly daily basis.
More from MLB Trade Rumors
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- NY Mets leave Justin Verlander in the dark at trade deadline
- This White Sox-Dodgers trade for bullpen help could lead to LA reunion
- Braves Rumors: Cubs trade, Vaughn Grissom targeted, Duvall’s conflict of interest
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers reunite with familiar face in Red Sox deal
Yesterday it was indicated that the Pirates could be interested in acquiring Colorado Rockies veteran relief pitcher LaTroy Hawkins and today there looks to be interest in a pair of Philadelphia Phillies trade chips.
According to Jon Morosi from FOX Sports, the Pirates are showing an interest in lefty Antonio Bastardo and outfielder Marlon Byrd.
Both Byrd and Bastardo have been the subject of increasing trade rumors over the last few days, and everything may culminate in a trade of one or both. Pittsburgh seems down with acquiring the two in a package deal, something that is possible and seems plausible given how badly the Phillies want to toss fuel overboard.
That doesn’t mean a trade will for sure be made, but it does mean that the Pirates are getting more and more active as the deadline nears and they’re becoming prime candidates to make a move this week.
Be sure to stay glued to FanSided’s MLB Rumors page to stay up to date with the latest action and rumbling from the baseball hot stove this trade season.