Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is supporting Mario Balotelli, who is struggling to find his first goal in the Premier League.
More from Premier League
- USMNT news: Balogun to stay, Musah to Milan, Ream wants promotion
- USMNT news: Dest to Fulham, Aaronson joins Union, Gold Cup roundup
- USMNT news: McKennie to Villa, Leeds departures, Sargent goal
- USMNT news: Pulisic to Milan, Musah to Fulham, Pepi to PSV
- USMNT rumors: Balogun to Chelsea, Robinson new contract, Pulisic to Milan
Liverpool shipped off dynamic striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona this summer after the third biting incident of his career at the 2014 World Cup. That left Liverpool with the unenviable task of trying to replace Europe’s leading scorer, a tall order.
Late in the transfer window, Liverpool signed AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli and Liverpool fans rejoiced as they brought in a dynamic goal-scoring threat. The Italian striker has failed to find the back of the net in the Premier League so far this season, but he still has the support of manager Brendan Rodgers.
“I thought he worked very well, very hard. He maybe thought he wasn’t going to play today but you have got to stay with it. He is working hard and he is doing his best,” Rodgers said, via Sky Sports.
“Unfortunately it is that wee bit of confidence sometimes, when you don’t get the goal. He kept going, kept getting into the areas.
“Sometimes with players if it’s not going so well they have a day where they don’t train or don’t work, but he puts himself out to train every single day. He is out there wanting to be better, wanting to improve.
“Goalscorers will tell you they get their energy from the ball hitting the back of the net and it is just not happening for him in terms of that, but all I will ask is they do their best. You saw today’s reaction. It was unlucky he didn’t get the goal.”
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26