More from Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA rumors: Hawks trade candidate, Sixers miss out, Lakers almost lose Reaves
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- NBA Rumors: Lakers nearing another savvy minimum signing
- Lakers projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
The Los Angeles Lakers have gotten off to an abysmal 1-9 start this season, and Kobe Bryant has drawn a lot of criticism for taking too many shots and being a ball hog. There have been differing opinions on why he has been taking more shots this year, and Dave McMenamin has been told that Bryant’s ball hogging has been due to the fact that he wants to pass Michael Jordan on the all-time scoring list while he’s still healthy.
McMenamin also said that once Bryant does pass Jordan, he is expected to settle back into team basketball. If this does end up being the case, it will cause many to lose respect for Bryant. Obviously passing Jordan on the scoring list is a major accomplishment, but those type of records should not be pursued at the detriment of the whole team.
Bryant is scoring at a very high pace, but has been taking way too many shots to put those numbers up. The Lakers need him to get back to playing team basketball if they want any chance of competing this season.
All of that being said, it will be interesting to see what happens once Bryant does pass Jordan on the scoring list. There is no question that he can still score at a high level, but this type of news is not what a player wants coming out about him.
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return