The Louisville Cardinals had their biggest celebrity fan in attendance for their rivalry game with the No. 1 Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday as America’s Sweetheart, Jennifer Lawrence, was on hand to lend her support for her Cardinals.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
College basketball’s biggest game of the season had arguably the biggest actress on hand to take in the festivities between the No. 4 Louisville Cardinals and the No. 1 Kentucky Wildcats as Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence and Louisville native was in attendance to show her support for Rick Pitino’s club.
Lawrence was born and raised in Louisville and has been vocal about her passion about her hometown school and even narrated a hype video in June for Louisville’s move into the ACC.Kentucky has a notorious celebrity fan as well in Ashley Judd who has been a major presence at Kentucky hoops games for years, but if we’re comparing careers there is no denying Lawrence gives Louisville the edge in that department.
Will Louisville have the edge after 40 minutes?
That remains to be seen as the two are engaged in a battle with Kentucky holding a 17-16 lead at the time of publishing with 3:19 remaining before halftime.
Kentucky is the unanimous No. 1 team in the nation and have steamrolled the competition in the early portion of the schedule, but they face their toughest test yet in the Cardinals who boast Montrezl Harrell, Wayne Blackshear and Terry Rozier who hope to pull off the big upset and shakeup the next top 25 rankings.
Maybe the presence of the Academy-Award winning actress who herself will be the difference in this game. If Louisville is able to take down John Calipari’s Kentucky team today, you sure as heck can bet she’ll be persuaded to attend some tournament games in March as the school’s official good luck charm.
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return