The Brooklyn Nets pulled Brook Lopez off the trade block but the Denver Nuggets are still determined to land him.
More from Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: 4 teams not named Heat or Nets engaged on Damian Lillard trade
- Could James Harden take a page out of Kevin Durant’s trade request playbook?
- Damian Lillard trade request: The best offers Nets and Heat can make to land star
Brook Lopez has been starting to turn it on for the Brooklyn Nets as of late, which comes on the heels of his placement on the trade block. Brooklyn and Billy King came to their senses and yanked Lopez off the block but not before he received the message that he was being put on notice.
The message was received and Lopez proved again this week why the Nets should keep him, but that hasn’t deterred suitors from trying to make a deal happen.
According to Marc Stein from ESPN, the Brooklyn Nets may have pulled Brook Lopez back from the trade block but that hasn’t stopped the Denver Nuggets from trying to make a deal.
This is interesting in that it comes coupled with news that the Nuggets were in talks to acquire Oklahoma City Thunder guard Reggie Jackson before that trade fell apart. Denver is sitting at 19-28 and don’t seem to be going places this year, but acquiring an expiring contract is something they seem hellbent on trying to make happen.
Lopez is also someone that the Nuggets can build around, which is why acquiring him makes some sense. But the Nets are refusing to entertain the idea of trading their center, who when he’s firing on all cylinders is an All-Star caliber big.
He is starting to get back to that level and the Nets will either continue to refuse all trade offers for Lopez or ask for a package that is richer than J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle