Things got heated between West Virginia and Texas Tech Saturday
When Texas Tech guard Robert Turner drove to the basket Saturday in a Big 12 contest against West Virginia, he was fouled hard on the play by the Mountaineers’ Brandon Watkins. What ensued was a pileup and Watkins sneaking in double middle fingers towards some Red Raiders as he got off the court.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
It’s not noticeable at first because of all the commotion on the court stemming from the hard foul, but if you watch enough times you can see Watkins slyly letting Texas Tech know that they are number one.
What ensued was everyone getting bunched up and coaches and refs pulling players away, including a Mountaineer tripping and falling to the ground.
After review, the refs only gave Watkins a personal foul and he ended up getting away with the double fingers. However, with video out, it wouldn’t be surprising to see further action taken for his gesture after it’s seen by conference officials.
On the bright side, Watkins at least didn’t go full Stone Cold Steve Austin on Turner and give him a Stone Cold Stunner to go with those middle fingers.
He didn’t stand on the announcers table and celebrate by showering himself in beer, either.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle