Perry Ellis is having his second straight impressive season, and he threw down the hammer in yet another Kansas win.
The Kansas Jayhawks have had their down moments this season, but they came through with a strong 81-72 victory over TCU today to keep themselves ranked in the top 10.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
Kansas wouldn’t have won if it wasn’t for Perry Ellis having a monster game with 23 points on 9-of-10 shooting and seven rebounds. He was the leading scorer for the game and was just one-point shy of tying his season-high in scoring.
Out of all of Ellis’ nine made field goals, none were more impressive or entertaining that his one-handed alley-oop throw down.
This wasn’t the first time Ellis has dominated TCU. He actually had the best game of his college career against them last season when he had 32 points (87 percent shooting), eight rebounds and five assists.
The third-year player is averaging 13.3 points (45 percent shooting) and 6.9 rebounds this season.
Kansas will have their hands full for the rest of the regular season as their final four games are: at Kansas State, against Texas, against West Virginia and at Oklahoma.
Even if they lose one of those games and drop out of the top 10, I still think they are one of the best teams in the nation and could easily make it to the Final Four.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle