The Phoenix Suns got burned by Goran Dragic and general manager Ryan McDonough is just not letting that go.
When the Phoenix Suns were in a position to re-sign Goran Dragic, they instead traded for Isaiah Thomas, signed Eric Bledsoe and dated Tyler Ennis. As a result, Dragic refused to be held hostage at the trade deadline and blew things up by saying he wouldn’t re-sign with the team.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
That move forced the Suns hand and apparently pissed off GM Ryan McDonough to the point where he’s still trolling Dragic on his way out the door.
According to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic, the Phoenix Suns have no love lost for Goran Dragic as they are ripping their former guard following his trade to the Miami Heat. GM Ryan McDonough blasted Dragic, saying that the acquisition of Brandon Knight was the best player moved on Thursday.
"“We feel like we got the best player in the trade, coming or going,”"
This comes after an 11-trade deadline period in which players like Kendrick Perkins, Reggie Jackson, Marcus Thornton and Michael Carter-Williams — among many others — were traded to new teams. Brandon Knight is not a bad player at all, but he’s hardly the best player moved at the deadline.
What this all boils down to is sour grapes as the Suns wanted to re-sign Dragic and/or hold him hostage for the highest bidder and he turned the tables on them. It was a power move in every possible way and that’s the reason we’re hearing egos beat their chests.
Phoenix in no way got fleeced in he Goran Dragic deal, as they got back more than a suitable return for him. But McDonough saying all of this smacks of sour grapes even when he has nothing to be sour about.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle