The Oakland Raiders have not tasted the NFL’s second season since the team’s ill-fated trip to the Super Bowl in 2003.
Oakland Raiders fans have had little to cheer about since the turn of the millennium: the team hasn’t made the playoffs in 12 years, there are rumors of a move from the Bay to Los Angeles and their owner uses a bowl to cut his hair.
More from Las Vegas Raiders
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs
- Raiders sign coveted All-Pro ahead of training camp
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs leaves Vegas in dramatic fashion amid contract dispute
- NFL Rumors: Insider predicts great news for Raiders on free agency front
- Austin Ekeler leading RB revolt with Zoom meeting of biggest names
But 2015 could be the year of the turnaround for the moribund franchise, and in the NFL parity is the exception rather than the rule. Just last year the Buffalo Bills recorded their first non-losing season in a decade. If a team can get themselves over the hump with Kyle Orton as their quarterback, anything is possible.
We take a look at some reasons that the Raiders could find themselves in the postseason again, from holy intervention to quality linebacker play.
Next: Time Travel?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle