German side Borussia Dortmund travel to Turin to play Juventus in the Champions League round of 16
Dortmund are away to Italian giants Juventus today in their first leg of the Champions League round of 16. The German side come to Italy in the middle of a very tough and extremely odd season.
More from Champions League
- USMNT news: Dest to Fulham, Aaronson joins Union, Gold Cup roundup
- USMNT news: Pulisic to Milan, Ream’s World Cup dream, Canada fixture
- USMNT rumors: McKennie to BVB, Balogun to Brighton, goalkeepers…
- USMNT rumors: Pulisic to Milan, Aaronson to Berlin, Pepi to PSV
- How many times has Inter won the Champions League?
Dortmund are currently 12th in the German league, and that’s the highest position they’ve been in for quite some time. They even managed to find themselves bottom of their domestic league, much to the horror of their faithful fans. Stranger than this is the fact that no matter hwo poorly they were doing in the Bundesliga they still managed to bring their A game in the Champions League. They ended up topping their group which included formidable English side Arsenal.
Juventus are currently 9 points clear at the top of the Italian Serie A, it’s looking very likely that they will secure the Italian title with some games to spare. There most recent form has been decent, winning three and drawing two of their last five games. They are favorites to win today’s game and go through over the course of the two games. I for one disagree that they will go through, whether or not they win today. I think they will go to Dortmund and crumble under the yellow wall that is the Dortmund fans. Only time will tell.
Here’s how you can watch the European drama unfold:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle