Perhaps the biggest concern about the Cleveland Cavaliers these days centers on their interior defense.
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 2023 NBA Free Agency: 5 underrated deals that could shift NBA landscape
Well, Cavs big man Tristan Thompson is doing what he can on Sunday to try to alter that perception.
The 24-year-old came away with an emphatic block of Donatas Motiejunas during the Cavs’ game on Sunday against the Houston Rockets.
Take a look at the impressive play from Thompson below:
Now, that’s what we call sending away a shot with authority.
Thompson might not be one of the Cavs’ many stars, but he’s still an important member of the team and has played solid basketball as of late. Thompson’s fresh off a productive February; he averaged eight points (63.0 percent shooting from the field) and seven rebounds per game during the month.
The Cavaliers entered Sunday’s contest with a 37-23 record.
Thompson is averaging nine points (53.9 percent shooting from the field), 8.2 rebounds and .9 blocks per game this season. Cleveland drafted him with the No. 4 pick of the 2011 NBA Draft out of Texas.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle