NBA referee Joey Crawford soared through the lane in order to block the shot on a free throw attempt.
NBA referee Joey Crawford can get a little animated on the court. He likes to jump up and down on the court when making calls as if he were in a ballet. He can often be seen making a call just like this:
On Sunday night in his appearance in the game with the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Clippers, Crawford attempted to get into the game himself when he tried to jump into the lane in order to block a free throw. Check out Crawford sprinting through the lane and jumping a whole 8 inches in distance in the air in order to attempt the shot block. When he finally reaches the ground he ripped the ball away from the free throw shooter.
Nikola Mirotic had no clue on what was happening on the floor. He had a little old dude trying to block his free throw attempt. Check out the reaction off of the Los Angeles Clippers bench as well.
This isn’t the first time we have seen this either. We have seen the ref attempt to block Kris Humphries free throw attempt in the past. At least it was a better attempt for the block.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle