Jeff Teague isn’t known for making big plays on defense, but he shows here that he can get up for a nasty block.
Friday night was the big showdown between the Atlanta Hawks and the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the Hawks bested the Cavaliers is just about every aspect they could.
More from Atlanta Hawks
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: Raptors insider drops one player mentioned heavily in trade discussions
- 3 disastrous Zach LaVine trades the Bulls need to avoid
- NBA Free Agency Live Deal Tracker: Grading every signing made worst to best
Atlanta came out and won the first quarter 36-19, and that set the tone for a 106-97 victory. This marks their sixth straight win after losing back-to-back games for just the third time all year long.
Jeff Teague is having his best season yet, and he continued his strong season tonight as he finished with 16.0 points (47.0 percent shooting), 3.0 assists and one nasty highlight play on defense.
Kyrie Irving thought he had a for sure layup, but Teague put on his best LeBron James impression as he got the chase-down block right at the rim to deny Irving the basket.
This was the final meeting of the regular season between these two teams, and the Hawks pretty much dominated the final three meetings after the Cavaliers blew them out in the beginning of the year.
The East is hard to judge right now with the Chicago Bulls dealing with injures and the Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors struggling as of late, so the Hawks and Cavaliers are probably the best two teams in the conference right now.
Although this was their last meeting of the regular season, it would be amazing to see them face off in a seven-game series come playoff time.
I have a feeling one of these two teams will represent the East in the Finals.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle