The first massive NFL trade of the season is upon us, as the Seattle Seahawks are going to acquire Jimmy Graham from the New Orleans Saints.
The New Orleans Saints have made the first massive trade of the offseason, as they’ve agreed to ship off Jimmy Graham to the Seattle Seahawks for a first-rounder and offensive line help.
According to NFL insider Jay Glazers, the Seattle Seahawks are set to acquire Jimmy Graham from the New Orleans Saints.
Moments, later, ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirmed the trade.
This is huge for the Seahawks, as it gives them a massive threat through the air that is on the level of Rob Gronkowski. We saw the Denver Broncos load up on defense after being beat in the Super Bowl, and following their loss to the Patriots, the Seahawks are looking for their Grokowski.
They seem to have found him though in Jimmy Graham, and it’s a bargain to get him for a first rounder. There’s a lot of money tied up in Graham, but he’s under contract, which is another win for the Seahawks.
New Orleans seems to be in a bit of a rebuking mode, and that’s clear with this trade. They pinched pennies to get Graham a contract last season and it’s clear that they’re going to be looking to fill his shoes elsewhere.
Seattle wins big here, and football seems to officially be back.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle