The starting line ups for today’s round of 16 clash between Porto and Basel
Porto play host to FC Basel in the second leg of their round of 16 tie today, with the Portuguese side favorites to advance to the quarter finals.
More from Champions League
- USMNT news: Dest to Fulham, Aaronson joins Union, Gold Cup roundup
- USMNT news: Pulisic to Milan, Ream’s World Cup dream, Canada fixture
- USMNT rumors: McKennie to BVB, Balogun to Brighton, goalkeepers…
- USMNT rumors: Pulisic to Milan, Aaronson to Berlin, Pepi to PSV
- How many times has Inter won the Champions League?
Porto will be upset they couldn’t manage to take a lead in to this game after dominating the opening leg. They were 1-0 down for the majority of the game but that doesn’t tell the story of the first leg. The Portuguese side had more possession, more shots, more shots on goal and they had two goals disallowed! They game finished 1-1, much to the shock of the world.
Basel only managed one shot on target in the first game and will feel pretty lucky that they got out of the game with only one away goal conceded. However that away goal does put the ball in Porto’s court as they Swiss team have to score today if they are to have any hope of qualifying.
It would be foolish of Porto to underestimate a team that got out of a group that featured Real Madrid and Liverpool. The Swiss side have a tight defense and at times can be vicious on the counter attack.
Anything can happen in this one, but you have to give the edge to the Portuguese side.
Here’s the players each team have selected to get the job done.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle