New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees let his thoughts be known on his team’s trade of Jimmy Graham through a picture of his kids.
More from New Orleans Saints
- Shocking reunion with Saints fan favorite finally made official after months of hints
- 3 Saints players who won’t be on the roster after training camp
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Long-awaited Saints shoe drop is finally coming courtesy of Alvin Kamara
- Is Mark Ingram’s new CFB gig a signal that he’s retired from NFL?
Drew Brees lost his best receiving target on Tuesday, as the New Orleans Saints shipped star tight end Jimmy Graham to the Seattle Seahawks.
Instead of publicly lashing out at the Saints for making his job much harder next season, Brees let his frustrations known through… an adorable picture of his kids.
It’s certainly understandable that Brees is hurt by the move. Talents like Graham aren’t found everyday and it’s hard to imagine the New Orleans offense will be as explosive going forward as it’s been in years past.
There’s not another player other than the New England Patriots’ Rob Gronkowski who has been able to make the type of impact Graham has at the tight end position in recent seasons.
Also, Brees appears to be upset about this move from a personal standpoint. He let it be known that he and Graham were close friends when speaking to NBC’s Alex Flanagan about the move.
The Saints drafted Graham in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He posted 386 catches for 4,752 yards and 51 touchdowns in five seasons with the Saints. Last season, he hauled in 85 catches for 889 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Graham thanked the city of New Orleans and Saints fans after news of the deal became public.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle