The New York Jets will host Denarius Moore for a visit.
The New York Jets traded for one of the best receivers in the NFL in Brandon Marshall less than two weeks ago. In Marshall, the Jets will get a reliable No. 1 receiver who can change defensive gameplans. Having a guy like Marshall is vital to an offense because he causes multiple defenders to key in on him, which in turn makes it easier for the rest of the offense to have success. After the Marshall trade, the Jets put together a pretty solid receiving corps with Marshall, Eric Decker, and Jeremy Kerley. Despite that, the Jets could be looking to bring in another receiver in the coming weeks.
According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Jets have scheduled a visit with Denarius Moore. Schefter would also report that the Jets have a need for speedy receivers to go with the rest of their receivers, and judging by his career, Moore fits the bill.
More from New York Jets
- Jets training camp fights taking center stage for start of Rodgers era
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers gives massive update on future with Jets
- Aaron Rodgers found a new friend to replace hole in his heart for Davante Adams
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers’ 2024 retirement fate already has credible hint
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
Although Moore has never made the Pro Bowl and he really never has been mentioned in terms of being a top receiver in the league, it should be said that playing with the
has put a damper on his production. In Oakland, Moore never really had the chance to make a name for himself, and although the Jets’ quarterback situation, as of now, isn’t much better than the one the Raiders have fielded in the past few years, it should be said that a fresh start could be best for Moore and by coming to the Jets who need another receiver, Moore could find some success.
Even though he had just 12 catches this past season, Moore is still only 26 years old and he has plenty of time to turn his career around. Obviously, this is still an ongoing story, but with the Jets showing the most interest in Moore at this time, don’t be surprised if the Jets sign him to a deal if the visit goes well.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle