20 years after Michael Jordan returned to basketball after a brief hiatus, the NBA Store is selling No. 45 jerseys to celebrate the anniversary of Jordan’s return.
When Michael Jordan returned to a struggling Chicago Bulls team in 1995, the NBA was once again on fire. Jordan’s return helped lead the Bulls back to the playoffs before they were ultimately eliminated by the Orlando Magic.
More from Chicago Bulls
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- 3 players Bulls can sign with Disabled Player Exception
- NBA free agency: The 3 biggest losers in this offseason so far
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 5 players Sixers could acquire in Harden deal to stay competitive
It wasn’t just the return of Michael Jordan that people were talking about that season, it was his jersey.
Jordan didn’t return to the team wearing his trademark No. 23 because of league rules.
Instead Jordan wore the No. 45, the jersey number his brother wore growing up.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Jordan returning to the league, the NBA Store is selling Michael Jordan No. 45 jerseys.
The No. 45 jersey is certainly a great collector’s item for the most avid of basketball fans.
While everyone remembers Jordan as No. 23, his No. 45 jersey gained some notoriety as well because it was the symbol of his return to the game he took to the next level.
Jordan may not have won any championships for the Bulls wearing No. 45, but it carries a powerful moment that Jordan and all basketball fans will remember.
[H/T: Darren Rovell]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle