The Miami Dolphins attempted to acquire Jimmy Graham from the New Orleans Saints before they traded him to the Seattle Seahawks.
Jimmy Graham is one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in the NFL, and the New Orleans Saints shocked the entire league by trading him to the Seattle Seahawks earlier this offseason.
Obviously the Seahawks weren’t the only team interested in acquiring Graham, and Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that the Miami Dolphins were among the teams who tried to acquire him.
Miami has been very active this offseason, signing Ndamukong Suh and acquiring Kenny Stills from the Saints. It is obvious that they are trying to make some big moves to get themselves back into playoff contention in 2015. There is no question that they are an AFC contender now, but acquiring Graham would have made them even more dangerous.
More from Miami Dolphins
- NFL rumors: Division rival could steal Dalvin Cook from Dolphins
- 5 dream scenarios for Dolphins in 2023 season
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Tyreek Hill, desperate for motivation, fueled by Chiefs Super Bowl run
It was a bit of a down season for Graham due to some injury issues, and the Saints as a whole had a down year. The Saints simply couldn’t afford to keep him around, and they got a good return from the Seahawks. Max Unger and a first round pick are both nice pickups for the Saints, but the Dolphins could have thrown them a nice offer as well.
Ryan Tannehill showed his franchise quarterback potential last year, and the Dolphins are doing everything they can to bring him talented receivers for him. Stills is going to be a good pickup, but now Miami lost out on both Graham and Charles Clay. Jordan Cameron is now the tight end for the Dolphins, and should be a fairly solid target for Tannehill if he stays healthy.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle