Chicago Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic absolutely destroyed Charlotte Hornets forward Jason Maxiell as he dunked right over him.
Since coming over from Europe this year, Nikola Mirotic has been a huge addition to a Chicago Bulls roster that some feel are favorites to represent the Eastern Conference in the NBA Finals.
More from Chicago Bulls
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- 3 players Bulls can sign with Disabled Player Exception
- NBA free agency: The 3 biggest losers in this offseason so far
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 5 players Sixers could acquire in Harden deal to stay competitive
Monday night, Mirotic made a play on the court that left an impact.
Cutting to the hoop, Mirotic caught a pass from Pau Gasol and proceeded to slam home a monster dunk right over Charlotte Hornets power forward Jason Maxiell.
Mirotic went straight up with the right hand and Maxiell wasn’t able to stop the Bulls forward.
The Bulls would pull out the big victory between the two teams. The Bulls are trying to hold onto one of the top seads in the east while the Hornets are trying to grab one of the final playoff spots and need every win they can get.
With Derrick Rose still sidelined with a knee injury, having another big piece like Mirotic on the team this season gives the Bulls depth they hadn’t had in years prior.
In his short time this year, he’s shown an ability to shoot the ball and play defense. Tonight, he showed he can make some impressive dunks too.
[H/T: Hardwood Paroxysm]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle