Dana White was asked his thoughts about Brock Lesnar choosing to stay with WWE rather than return to the UFC
Tuesday afternoon Brock Lesnar went on ESPN for an appearance on SportsCenter to make an announcement that really not a lot of people saw coming. Sitting down with Michelle Beadle, Lesnar announced that he would be staying with WWE under a new multi-year deal rather than going back to give the UFC another shot.
For the better part of the last year most people have expected that Lesnar would definitely be going back to the octagon, and that might have even included UFC President Dana White. White had obviously been negotiating hard with the current WWE champ lately, do this announcement had to be a huge disappointment for him.
Not long after the announcement, Fox Sports caught up with White, and even if he was highly disappointed he didn’t win the bidding war, he took it all in stride like a professional businessman.
Lesnar was once the UFC World Heavyweight Champion, and not only is he a former champ, but he is the UFC’s top PPV draw of all-time. When Lesnar is involved with the UFC, people watch, it’s as simple as that.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle