The Los Angeles Lakers will be expected to go after Rajon Rondo and Goran Dragic in the offseason.
The Los Angeles Lakers have struggled real bad this season. They currently hold the 4th worst record in the league, only above the Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers. The team needs some major help and are hoping to get the top selection in the lottery to get their choice of young stud entering into the NBA draft. The Lakers will also get Kobe Bryant and Julius Randle back next season and will have the money to spend to add more talent to the roster.
More from Los Angeles Lakers
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- NBA Rumors: Lakers nearing another savvy minimum signing
- Lakers projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
At the top of the priority list, the Lakers will be looking to land a top point guard in free agency. The two names that will be at the top of the priority list are Rajon Rondo or Goran Dragic, per Sporting News. Either player would make an immediate impact on the roster and would help this team turn things right around. They would have to battle with the other power houses in the Western Conference, but at least they would have some talent to hang.
Kobe Bryant and Rajon Rondo are good friends, so that likely would put Rondo at the top of the priority list for the Lakers. If the Lakers would like to get back to their winning ways immediately, adding Rondo in the back court with Kobe would make the team an instant threat. That back court would be fun to watch even though there is some age on them. Rondo would be able to lead the break and set up his teammates for some easy shots. He would be able to create some shots for Kobe and would also be able to take some pressure off of Kobe on offense.
Dragic would be a shooting threat on the roster. He can light up the scoreboard and would be a different offensive threat than Rondo. Rondo would be able to set the table for his teammates while Dragic can put up points on the scoreboard.
Top draft selection Julius Randle would also be returning next season to give the front court more talent and we still don’t know who the Lakers will be able to bring in through the draft. Could you imagine if they added Jahlil Okafor or Karl-Anthony Towns in the draft? The Lakers will get that opportunity depending on where they land in the draft.
The talent will be making a return to the roster. A new rookie will be brought in to add more talent and a solid point guard can bring it all together. The Lakers will be looking to land one of the top point guards in free agency once the offseason kicks off.
Who do you think would be best for the roster?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle