Yasiel Puig was put in a pretty scary position on Thursday night when he took an elbow to the face from teammate Howie Kendrick
With just a few days to go until the beginning of the 2015 Major League Baseball season, teams are just looking to go into things with all their stars intact. When you’re someone like the Los Angeles Dodgers who are in possession of one of the biggest stars in the game like Yasiel Puig, this is especially important.
Well, on Thursday night, you could pretty much hear the gasps from Dodgers fans when disaster struck.
We don’t know how much of a disaster this is just yet, but in a spring training game on Thursday night, Puig and teammate Howie Kendrick collided while chasing down a ball, and Puig took a pretty nasty elbow to the face that caused him to be taken out of the game.
Again, we don’t know how bad the damage is just yet, but that was a pretty stiff shot that Puig took so it’ll be interesting to see what the final diagnosis will be.
As more becomes available on the Dodgers star, we’ll keep you updated.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle